Fractional ablative laser rejuvenation is an excellent alternative to surgical methods. The procedure is ten times safer than surgery.
What is fractional laser rejuvenation
Before using the fruits of cosmetological innovations, you should figure out what the method is, what reviews of laser fractional rejuvenation are left by clients and specialists, get acquainted with the photos and videos of the results of the procedures.
Fractional laser rejuvenation of facial skin is a relatively new but effective procedure in the field of cosmetology. It is sometimes called fraxel or photothermolysis.
Rejuvenation is achieved using a special laser. The principle of operation of the device is based on the selective destructive effect of a concentrated beam of light on the cells of the epidermis.
The method excludes the use of aggressive toxic components, as in peeling, and the effectiveness is higher than after a course of injections or other procedures.
Cells that remain intact are activated and begin dividing to repair the areas destroyed by the laser. The ability to produce collagen and elastin increases, which are responsible for the elasticity of the skin. The appearance changes for the better. Wrinkles are smoothed out, age spots or scars gradually disappear, and the skin becomes firm.
Despite its high efficiency, the method has some contraindications. You should not resort to procedures for:
- psoriasis and allergy tendencies;
- skin infections;
- malignant formations;
- blood diseases;
- diabetes mellitus;
- exacerbation of chronic pathologies.
It is better to postpone the session for pregnant and lactating women.
Types of fractional rejuvenation
Ablative and non-ablative methods are distinguished depending on the depth and the principle of exposure to laser beams. Sometimes a combined method is used that combines the effects of both types.
Ablative laser rejuvenation
Ablative means the mass effect of the apparatus on the entire selected surface. A concentrated stream of light heats up a skin area, the temperature instantly reaches a value of several hundred degrees. As a result, the thinnest layer of the epidermis evaporates so quickly that the heat does not have time to penetrate into the deeper layers. At the cellular level, recovery processes are launched, the skin is tightened.
Scars or scars are also removed with a laser. For this, nozzles are used, with the help of which they act not on the entire surface, but selectively, only on the problem area.
Effect of the procedure:
- Fine wrinkles disappear, deep folds are smoothed out.
- The manifestations of pigmentation on the face, as well as in the décolleté or neck area are leveled.
- Loose skin becomes smoother.
- In the case of gravitational ptosis of I and II severity, a lifting effect is achieved.
- Scars and scars become less visible.
The method is used when the signs of aging are already pronounced. The procedure is prescribed for fair-skinned women between the ages of 40 and 65.
Non-ablative laser rejuvenation
In non-ablative rejuvenation, the skin surface is not injured. Under the influence of the laser, the tissues are heated slightly, up to 45 ° C. Light rays, without destroying the upper layers, immediately penetrate into the depths of the integument. As a result, cell regeneration starts, blood supply and metabolism are activated.
Indications for prescribing procedures:
- Slight expression lines or slight age-related changes.
- Slight loss of elasticity.
- Surface staining.
The method is suitable for eliminating initial age-related changes. Patients under 35 years of age, regardless of phenotype, resort to non-ablative rejuvenation.
Fractional laser facial skin rejuvenation CO2is an innovative method aimed at improving the condition of the dermis. The laser beam breaks down into microflows, which affect the skin not massively, but pointwise, in a checkerboard pattern. Some areas remain intact, others are burned.
This method is safe, it allows you to process large volumes, while maintaining quality and reducing the rehabilitation period. Suitable for all skin types and all age groups.
Benefits of Fractional Laser Rejuvenation
Pros of the fractional method of facial skin rejuvenation:
- Fast recovery. The timing depends on the method of exposure to the laser.
- Minimal risks of complications.
- The effect of laser rejuvenation lasts from one to two years.
- Not only the face, but also the décolleté area is treated with a laser. It is used even for the particularly sensitive area around the eyelids.
Positive changes are noticeable immediately after the session. In the future, the effect of the procedure of fractional laser skin rejuvenation only intensifies.
Fractional rejuvenation has minor side effects. The disadvantages include redness, flaking of the skin and itching after cosmetic sessions. These manifestations completely disappear in a few days.
An unsuccessfully chosen clinic or the actions of an unqualified specialist lead to more deplorable results:
- The laser-treated area begins to hurt and swell.
- Large age spots appear.
- The damage lasts more than two weeks.
People with these symptoms seek medical attention.
What devices are used
The following types of lasers are used for fractional rejuvenation:
- Carbonate (CO2).Radiation generates heat that activates collagen repair. After treatment, wrinkles, scars are smoothed, the tone of the skin increases, pigment spots brighten. With the help of a laser, warts or papillomas are removed, the apparatus is also used for skin resurfacing.
- Erbium.The action of an erbium laser is more superficial than that of CO2. It evaporates moisture at a shallow depth. Therefore, the device is used to remove thin layers of the dermis to eliminate superficial wrinkles and rejuvenate the skin around the eyes.
- Laser Fraxel.Heats the skin from the inside without damaging the surface. As a result, adhesions and scars dissolve, fat cells are destroyed, and significant skin rejuvenation is achieved.
- Diode.Generates an infrared pulse that heats up all layers of the skin, triggering the production of collagen and elastin. The use of the method eliminates wrinkles, the effects of acne, and lightens age spots.
Lasers for facial rejuvenation are produced by various manufacturers.
How to prepare for the procedure
Preparation usually takes 2 weeks. During this period, it is not recommended to use decorative cosmetics and skin care products based on alcohol, to carry out chemical peels. They also exclude visiting the beach or solarium, and in the last three days of preparation - swimming pools, saunas or baths.
Antibiotics are also banned. If there is a need to take such drugs, the procedure is postponed to another period. Cosmetologists often prescribe a course of antiviral and antibacterial agents.
On the eve of the procedure, completely stop alcoholic beverages, smoking and exercise.
Before the start of the session, the skin is cleaned of impurities. An anesthetic is applied to the prepared area. And only then do they start laser treatment of the dermal cover. Usually a session lasts several minutes, in especially difficult cases - up to 1 hour.
How often are fractional rejuvenation sessions needed
To maintain aging skin, beauticians advise to carry out a full course of recovery procedures. On average, it will take five to seven sessions. The frequency depends on the chosen method and the area of the treated area, the characteristics of a particular person.
The first positive effect is observed already on the fifth day. The skin is smoothed, the complexion improves, superficial wrinkles disappear. A complete course of fractional laser skin rejuvenation provides a more reliable and lasting result.
Recommendations for the rehabilitation period
To avoid complications and restore your skin faster, follow a few simple rules during rehabilitation:
- Use anti-inflammatories. In the early days, apply the gel or ointment every hour. The interval between treatments can be gradually reduced.
- Take antibiotics for a week, but only if prescribed by your doctor.
- For the first seven days, when going outside, wear a medical mask and sunscreen.
- Try to keep your head as high as possible while sleeping. This is to prevent edema.
- Remove by yourself the crusts that appear on the skin areas treated with the laser.
- Comb the damaged areas.
- Use abrasive products and cleansing masks for three weeks after rejuvenating.
- Use decorative cosmetics for a week.
The duration of the rehabilitation period, if the recommendations are followed, is about 1 month.
How long the result is saved
Fractional laser skin rejuvenation is characterized by low trauma. The use of innovative technologies ensures fast skin regeneration.
Since the method triggers natural regeneration processes, the result is preserved for a long time.
When the methods are combined, the positive effect reaches 3 years. Therefore, frequent sessions are not needed to maintain tone.
Cost of fractional laser facial rejuvenation
The price of fractional laser facial skin rejuvenation depends on the popularity of the clinic, the qualifications of the cosmetologist and other factors. The type of equipment, the area of the treated surface, the type of skin and the drugs used are important.
Reviews of fractional laser facial rejuvenation are mostly positive.
Here is one of them:
I did a laser ablative rejuvenation procedure. The skin turns slightly red and flakes in the first days. The beautician explained that these are natural consequences. Antibiotics were not required, but of course she took care of her face at first. More than a year has passed, I look ten years younger, the magic effect does not disappear. I am very satisfied, I will repeat the sessions.