Skin rejuvenation by radio frequency pulses (rf-face lifting) is recognized as a safe, gentle and highly effective cosmetic procedure. The primary task of the impact is to restore the mechanism of natural tissue renewal, to make the skin elastic, taut, and to smooth out age and expression wrinkles. It is worth noting the important role of radiofrequency rejuvenation in the prevention of integument aging. Radio wave lifting is performed on special equipment, the success of the procedure depends on its choice and the specified parameters.
The effectiveness of the method
Radio frequency (radio wave) rejuvenation is a kind of hardware cosmetology procedure. With the help of a special device, the cosmetologist directs radio frequency pulses to the problem, as a result, the temperature rises in the inner layers of the skin up to 42-60 degrees. The created conditions activate metabolic processes and the mechanism of fiber renewal, the synthesis of its own collagen, the process of natural skin rejuvenation takes place.
Indications for the use of radio frequency radiation are:
- expression and age wrinkles;
- pronounced nasolabial folds;
- signs of ptosis, prolapse of soft tissues;
- skin photoaging;
- bags under the eyes;
- weakening of tone, turgor of integuments;
- decreased tissue elasticity, laxity;
- double chin, floating oval of the face;
- scars, scars, stretch marks;
- after acne;
- residual marks on the skin from childbirth and sharplosing weight;
RF-lifting is considered a gentle technique, therefore it is safely used to solve the problems of sensitive areas around the eyes and mouth.
Age does not matter for RF rejuvenation, butcosmetologists recommend the procedure to patients over 30 years old.It is during this period that there is a decrease in skin resistance to age-related changes, the rapid appearance of wrinkles, integuments require additional support.
At the same time, RF radiation cannot correct the complex problems of mature skin. In this case, rf-lifting is prescribed as an auxiliary procedure to oil lifting, blepharoplasty, SMAS technology.
Is it possible to carry out at home
Facial rejuvenation using special equipment requires special skills, professionalism, cosmetologists first undergo appropriate training and practice. That is why rf lifting is the prerogative of beauty salons, cosmetic centers and clinics.
Modern cosmetology has somewhat expanded the possibilities of lovers of “home rejuvenation” by offering portable devices for rf-lifting.They have a lower radiation power and guarantee a less pronounced effect, but regularity in combination with proper facial care can smooth out this difference.
Attention!Radiofrequency face lifting at home is inferior in efficiency to the salon procedure. The key factor in this case is not power, but the regularity and correctness of the procedures.
In order not to harm his health, the patientmust strictly adhere to the rules of using the device, instructions and technology for lifting, to study in detail the contraindications to exposure to radio frequencies.Cosmetologists strongly recommend for their own safety to undergo appropriate training, attend courses in hardware cosmetology.
To perform RF rejuvenation at home, you can't go without the expense of buying a portable rf lifting machine. They are lightweight and easy to move.
Types of devices
Apparatus for carrying out radiofrequency lifting by design are divided into stationary and portable.Stationary devices are used only for professional exposure, installed in clinics, beauty salons. They have a relatively large mass and dimensions.
Portable devices are compact, easy to carry, so they are more convenient for home lifting. Portable devices consist of an attachment (handpiece) and a main part (power supply).
In addition to design features,all equipment is divided according to the number of electrodes and the technology of its impact:
- monopolar- 2 electrodes are used: one is located under the patient, the second is represented by a nozzle, it works out the problem area. Such devices are powerful, capable of heating the inner layers of the skin up to 60 degrees;
- bipolar- 2 electrodes are also used, but both are located in the handpiece (tip). This effect is softer, sparing. The maximum heating temperature of the skin is 45 degrees;
- multipolar or multipolar devices- involve the use of 3 or more electrodes, which alternately change polarity. This technology allows for a deep and uniform impact on the problem;
- matrixis a new generation radio frequency exposure. Its peculiarity lies in microneedle electrodes. Needle lifting is a gentle, maximally safe method, and in terms of effectiveness in many cases it is comparable to a monopolar effect;
- combined or complex- such devices simultaneously combine radio frequency radiation and other types of energy (for example, infrared radiation, laser beam).
Preparing for lifting
Radiofrequency lifting does not require complex and lengthy preparation for carrying out.The procedure is painless, so there is no need for anesthesia and the use of anesthetic creams.
If you want to achieve the maximum effect of the procedure without edema, hyperemia and other side effects, cosmetologists recommend that 1–2 weeks before the radiofrequency lifting, exclude any skin injury, including sunburn, squeezing out acne and peels, and the use of scrubs. Taking alcoholic beverages is also taboo.
Before using radio frequencies in home rejuvenation, it is important to visit a beautician.He will examine the skin, exclude contraindications and determine how often the exposure should be performed and how many procedures will be required.
An important point!Going to rf-lifting, take off jewelry, metal products.
A session of radiofrequency face lifting is a short procedure, it will take no more than 30 minutes.It is carried out in the following order:
- First of all, they cleanse the skin well with a special product. This is necessary to get rid of the remnants of makeup, to remove particles of grease and sweat, dirt, dust from the face.
- An anesthetic gel (cream) is additionally used in a beauty salon for 15–20 minutes. Home RF lifting machines are softer, less deep, so pain relief is not necessary.
- Depending on the equipment used, the experience of the cosmetologist, special markings can be applied. Its task is to ensure a uniform effect on the skin, excluding missing entire areas.
- When working with monopolar devices, a pad is placed under the back or abdomen (for grounding). Modern equipment with bipolar and monopolar handpieces does not require this.
- A special gel is used for better gliding of the nozzle and ensuring easy penetration of impulses into the client's skin.
- At the next stage, the beautician works on the entire surface of the face with radio waves. Areas with more serious problems need re-exposure. At the same time, the patient feels a slight warmth.
- At the end of the lifting, the remaining gel is removed from the face.
- The skin is moisturized with a cream.
Any hardware effect on the skin causes redness and swelling of tissues, RF-lifting in this case is no exception. Subject to the recommendations of the cosmetologist during the rehabilitation period, these consequences go away on their own within 1-2 days.
What specialists recommend after RF lifting:
- consume enough water per day, this is approximately 1. 5–2 liters. Please note, this means purified or mineral water, tea and coffee are not counted;
- do not touch your face with dirty hands and unnecessarily;
- do not use decorative cosmetics, powder and foundation for the first time;
- solarium, sunbathing and peeling are still prohibited;
- it is worth giving up saunas, baths, hot baths and any steaming of the covers. The same applies to intense physical activity, sports. The fact is that with sweat, particles of dirt, sweat can get into the skin, and lead to inflammatory processes, complications;
- refrain from alcoholic beverages.
Attention!To avoid skin pigmentation in the first 1-2 months after lifting, you should apply sunscreen before each going outside, try to avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
Taking antiviral drugs is a preventive measure during the rehabilitation period, excluding herpes sores.
You can talk about the first positive changes in your skin after one session. But for a persistent and pronounced result, a course of procedures will be required. It can include up to 10 sessions, depending on the depth of the impact.
It is recommended to fully evaluate the effectiveness of lifting with radiofrequencies six months after the course.Cosmetologists claim that the achieved rejuvenating effect with high-quality and competent facial care will delight the patient for 2-3 years.
Skin rejuvenation by radio frequency impulses has a number of contraindications:
- oncology, moles on the face;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- presence of implants;
- diseases of the endocrine and nervous system;
- diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, tuberculosis;
- HIV, AIDS;
- hormonal disruptions, pregnancy and lactation;
- acute acne;
- skin inflammation, herpes;
- infectious diseases;
- high blood pressure;
- general malaise, weakness, fever.
It is not recommended to perform the procedure during menstruation.The optimal time for lifting is 4–5 days after your period.
The first days after the exposure, the skin is more sensitive, there is slight swelling, swelling and redness. These are normal phenomena, they do not require treatment and go away on their own.
Possible complications include:
- blistering burns;
- the effect of tissue suppression, which is accompanied by the formation of pits on the face. Its appearance is associated with uneven heating (overheating) of skin areas, contributing to the atrophy of adipose tissue;
- the appearance of age spots;
- scarring of tissues;
- herpes rash.
Complications after RF-lifting are an expression of insufficient experience and professionalism of a cosmetologist, neglect of existing contraindications and unfair attitude to preparation and rehabilitation on the part of the client.
Pros and Cons
Radiofrequency rejuvenation is one of the most popular hardware techniques.The advantages of the procedure include:
- painlessness of exposure, the use of anesthetic cream is rarely required;
- exclusion of damage, tissue injury;
- quick effect;
- starts the natural rejuvenation process;
- long-lasting result, the effect lasts up to 3 years;
- does not take much time, the procedure takes about half an hour;
- a wide range of indications;
- does not limit age and skin type;
- minimum side effects;
- the rehabilitation period is hidden, so you can do your usual things, go to work.
The main disadvantage of radio wave rejuvenation is the high cost of a course of therapy.Plus, for mature patients, one RF-lifting is not enough, the cosmetologist prescribes it as an addition to the main, more complex rejuvenation procedure.The disadvantages of this technique include an impressive list of contraindications.
Where is it better to perform lifting: in the salon or at home
If radio frequency lifting is used to solve certain, pronounced skin problems, then the help of a specialist will be more effective. Plus, the risk of complications and side effects is minimal.
For the prevention of skin aging, smoothing out minor age-related manifestations, home procedures are enough.But keep in mind, you need to study the technology and subtleties of execution, it is recommended to undergo appropriate training and consult a beautician about the presence of contraindications.
The opinion of cosmetologists
Cosmetologists have a positive attitude to radiofrequency face lifting, using it as an independent procedure or in combination with other methods of rejuvenation. The procedure is aimed at self-rejuvenation, starting the active synthesis of its own collagen with minimal risks of unpleasant consequences - this is always welcome.